Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Art and Cultural Opportunity


“Music : an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.” (Dictionary.com)

Immediately when I heard that MMG was coming to Penn State I realized that I was buying a ticket for one of my favorite groups! I am a huge fan! My friends decided to attend the concert with me, so they travelled to Penn State from there colleges as well as my home town! It was a perfect opportunity! I was able to attend a concert with my best friend and watch my favorite rappers perform live. Best of both worlds right?

On November 4, 2012 I attended the MMG concert. MMG stands for the Maybach music group. Rick Ross, Meek Mill, Wale, Machine Gun Kelly, and DJ Scream, all performed at the concert! It was truly so much fun! Everyone was dancing a screaming it was truly a blast!  The crowd went wild when each of the rapper entered the stage.Rick Ross wore a Penn State Jersey! Flames were playing on the large screen and it  repeatly played Maybach Music over and over again! Meek Mill ended up slipping on the stage because of a wet spot and they were all joking around and saying they are trying to kill us and someone should clean this up. This was by far the best three to four hours of my life. It was awesome because they played some of my favorite songs such as I’m A Boss, Am, Ambitious, and Amen. The tickets were cheap, and I was able to hang out with my friends. All of our voices were horse after the concert because we were screaming our heads off. I am so happy that I was provided with the opportunity to see such a remarkable performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment